THE STORY OF
KENNETH C. KNUDSON
President and Founder
January 30th 2006 was a very sad day for Sybaris. We lost our fearless leader in a tragic airplane crash near Chicago Executive Airport, in Wheeling, Illinois. The entire Sybaris team is committed to keeping his dream alive - to deliver the perfect romantic experience to each and every guest.
Mr. Knudson had more than 31 years experience as the owner, founder and Chief Executive Officer of 14 separate companies. Each company founded and/or purchased had realized a profit and continued to grow under Mr. Knudson's guidance to it management team for more than 25 years. In 1998, Sybaris Clubs and its affiliated companies exceeded ten million dollars in gross revenue.
The experience gained throughout the association with each company, as well as Mr. Knudson's aggressive persona, proved to be the driving force behind the continued success and growth of Sybaris Clubs International, Incorporated. The following is a partial outline of the experience and accomplishments throughout his tenure as a business owner.
- Wright Junior College
- Elmhurst College-Applied Food Sanitation
- Series 62 Securities Exam
- Series 63 Securities Exam
- Tool Maker-International Harvester
- 5th Degree Black Belt in Goju Shorei Karate
- Multi-Engine Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Seminars, Tapes & Books
- Jay Abraham Marketing Courses-ExFactor Program
- Hotel-Hotel Management
- The Silva Method
- Mind Mapping
- Zig Ziglar Seminars
- Dennis Waitley Seminars
- Toastmasters International Programs
- Possibility Thinking
Owned and Founded the Following Companies:
- Sybaris Romantic Gifts & Imports
- 5 Sybaris Clubs
- 10 Olympic Karate Studios
- Midwest Credit Associates
- Midwest Karate Association
- Midwest Enterprises (sporting goods wholesale)
- Top Dog Hot Dog Stand, Rockford, IL.
- Master Uniform Manufacturing Corp.
- Kenco Manufacturing Corp.
- Kenco Group, Inc
- Kenco Development
Owned the Following Through Purchase:
- Altfeld Garment Co., Est 1929
- Indian Garment Co.
- Raytex Corp.
- Wulff's Island Restaurant, Est. 1909
Created, Designed and Manufactured or Produced:
- All Sybaris Room Styles
- Sybaris Duplex and Quads
- Sybaris Modular Cottages
- Taiwan Basket, U.S. Patent #4825855
- 10 Olympic Karate Schools
- Circle System of Self Defense (Karate)
- Home Training Kit (Audio/Visual) Karate
- Karate Training Manual
- Nutri Pack Vitamin Package
- Professional Karate Uniforms
- Garment Bags for Service Master Corp.
- Created Sybaris Clubs
- President of the American Karate Association
- Established 1,2,3 of sales
for Sybaris Clubs International
- Established Detailed Manuals for the Maintenance
of each Sybaris Suite
- Top 10 in USA by Black Belt Magazine, 1970
- Largest Privately owned Karate
Schools in USA 1972
- First Audio/Visual Karate Home Training Kit
- Designed First Professional Karate Uniforms
- Returned to win Karate Championships
of 1979, 1984 & 1989
- Inducted into the Bluegrass National
Karate Hall of Fame 1997
Article on Ken Knudson in Martial Arts Magazine